The Communications Office promotes an open flow of information. It supports two-way, mutually beneficial relationships between this district and community with the goal of creating a better understanding of the goals, accomplishments and needs of the school district.
The Communication Office will...
- Provide the appropriate liaison services between the District and the news media;
- Support, plan and execute appropriate direct communications between school and home;
- Assess the public's knowledge and attitudes about the schools, and use this information in planning a communications program;
- Assist in ensuring that communications plans and skills exist in each school and department;
- Assist with the publicity for all District programs as requested.
2016-2021 APS Strategic Plan: Communication/Community Relations
Goal Statement: Allendale Public Schools will improve stakeholder awareness, district pride, and community engagement through purposeful programming and communications.
First Year Objectives:
- Centralize a system for communication
- Complete a process to rebrand the district
- Develop and promote a monthly calendar of events and educational highlights.