GR Griffins Game Night Supporting Autism Family Network
The Grand Rapids Griffins will host families, friends, teachers, therapists and others associated with the Autism Family Network for a special game night on Friday, January 27, 2017. The Griffins will take on the San Jose Barracuda beginning at 7 pm at Van Andel Arena.
Free Car Seat Safety Checks by appointment for Expectant Moms and Families
The Ottawa County Sheriff's Department (OCSD) in partnership with the Allendale Fire Department is again offering free car seat inspections in 2017, including individual appointments for expectant mothers.
For expectant mothers who already have a car seat or just purchased a new one, the OCSD will set individual appointments at the Allendale Fire Station. Expectant mothers who would like their child safety seats installed by Nationally Certified Child Passenger Safety Technicians can schedule individual appointments by contacting Sergeant Chris Dill or calling Allendale Township at 616-895-6295 x24.
All other car seat inspections will take place at the Allendale Fire Station, 6676 Lake Michigan Drive in Allendale. The 2017 free car seat inspections will be held from 4:30 - 7 pm on Tuesday, March 21; Tuesday, June 27; and Tuesday, November 14. Appointments are required for these inspections. Call 616-748-2285 to request a time.
All car seat inspections are free. A limited number of low cost replacement car seats are available at all locations, for those who qualify. Children who need a replacements seat must be present with parent or legal guardian.
Cub Scouts Open to all First - Fifth Grade Students
Want to learn about Cub Scouts in Allendale, and have some fun at the same time? Join us the second Tuesday, of every month from 6:30-8:00 pm at Springview wing cafeteria to learn more. The program offers fun and challenging activities that promote character development and physical fitness. Family involvement is an essential part of the program, and parents are encouraged to play an active role. Cub Scouting is for boys in the first through fifth grades.
Any additional questions please contact Michael Morgan or call 616-648-1231.
GUIDELINES FOR NON-SCHOOL SPONSORED ADVERTISING/ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Only APS sponsored activities are to be posted in teacher mailboxes to be passed out to students.
- Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, Township Youth Group, Township Youth Athletic Activity, Rocket Cheerleading, Rocket Football, GVSU, and Religious "Club" fliers are to be posted on an outside/inside bulletin boards or on the counter (whatever is used in the building); however, they are not to be placed in teacher mailboxes or in classrooms.
- Only Township and APS events will be posted don electronic APs marquees.
- Profit-based groups are not allowed to advertise their events or place fliers in teacher boxes, outside/inside bulletin boards, counters, walls, or doors.
- APS sponsored activities may use the teacher workroom copiers, if not in use.
- Religious "activities" and "event" fliers are not permissible on outside/inside bulletin boards, counters, doors, or walls.