APS ALUMNI HALL OF FAME
NOMINATION INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS
The Allendale Public Schools’ Alumni Hall of Fame has been established to celebrate the achievements and talents of our distinguished alumni. The APS Alumni Hall of Fame recognizes individuals who have made exceptional achievements in their field, significant contributions to Allendale Public Schools, and/or unique contributions to their communities on a local, state, national or global level. The selection of these individuals is intended to recognize and encourage a tradition of excellence, achievement, commitment, and dedication.
The current categories of recognition are Cultural/Performing Arts, Athletics, Career Accomplishments, Service to the Allendale Public Schools/Community, and Honorary Achievement-Contribution to Allendale Public Schools. (See Category Descriptions below)
The Allendale Public Schools’ Alumni Hall of Fame Advisory Council will carefully review each nomination and select inductees. Nominees not selected for induction will be kept in nomination status for four years.
1. Cultural/Performing Arts: This individual is a graduate of AHS and recognized for achievements in the cultural, visual, or performing arts and/or contributions to the promotion of cultural activities on a local, state, national, or global level.
2. Athletics: This individual is a graduate of AHS and recognized for achievements in athletics at the collegiate or professional level.
3. Career Accomplishments: This individual is a graduate of AHS and recognized for achievement in his or her profession which has resulted in a direct and significant impact in his or her field. The nominee has demonstrated unique talents and/or accomplishments.
4. Service to the Allendale Public Schools/Community: This individual is a graduate of AHS and recognized for service to the Allendale Public Schools or to community or society by sustained example or contribution, and by serving as a major influence in the lives of Allendale students or in the community/society through acts of leadership.
5. Honorary Achievement – Contribution to Allendale Public Schools: This individual is recognized for service to the Allendale Public Schools by sustained example or contribution, and by serving as a major influence in the lives of Allendale students through acts of leadership. Allendale High School graduation is not a requirement in this category.