The CAP Corner
Children and Parents Reading Program
Welcome to Allendale Public Schools Elementary C.A.P. (Children and Parent's Reading) Program. This page was designed to help parents of first and second grade students familiarize themselves with the CAP program, as well as give helpful tips and information on reading strategies that help children become good readers.
If your child is new to CAP, please take a moment to view the Powerpoint presentation and reading strategies video. Lastly we ask that you complete a brief questionairre to help familiarize yourself with the purpose of CAP and how you can help your child succeed! Upon completion of the questionairre, your child will be registered to begin the CAP program.
- The presentations can normally be viewed from a desktop computer with Flash player installed. You can download at: https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
- For Android phone use, you can download a flash player from Google play store on your device.
- For Iphone use, download from Apple Store on your device.
If you need additional help, please contact our office at 616-892-5570.
1. First, Please view the CAP Presentation:
2. Second, Please view the "Reading Strategies" video:
3. Lastly, Click HERE to view and complete the CAP Permission Form.
*You may type your answers and click "submit" to send the form via the internet OR print a paper copy to complete and send to school with your child.