Schools of Choice
The Schools-of-Choice provisions in Section 105 and 105c of the State School Aid Act allow local school districts to enroll non-resident students. Section 105 permits local school districts to enroll students who reside within the same intermediate school district (Ottawa Area Intermediate School District). Section 105c allows enrollment of students who reside in school districts in contiguous intermediate school districts.
2020-2021 Nonresident Application for Enrollment (Schools of Choice)
NOTE: If you are using the Chrome browser we suggest using an alternate (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari) for ease-of-use in filling and signing this form.
Allendale Public Schools participates in both the Ottawa Area Intermediate School District (OAISD) Schools of Choice plan and the state authorized Section 105c plan.
SECTION 105 AND 105C APPLICATIONS FOR NEW STUDENTS WILL BE ACCEPTED APRIL 1, 2020 THROUGH AUGUST 27, 2020 FOR THE FIRST TRIMESTER OF THE 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR. APPLICATIONS FOR THE FIRST TRIMESTER WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AFTER AUGUST 27, 2020.
SECTION 105 AND 105C APPLICATIONS FOR NEW STUDENTS APPLYING FOR 2ND TRIMESTER WILL BE ACCEPTED NOVEMBER 9, 2020 THROUGH NOVEMBER 20, 2020.
SECTION 105 AND 105C APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AFTER NOVEMBER 20, 2020 FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR.
Response time is three (3) business days from receipt of application. Please note: applications received during summer months may take longer to process based on previous school verification.
The district may deny a new non-resident enrollment due to any of the following reasons:
- The student was suspended from the previous school district within the past two school years.
- The student was expelled from a previous school district.
- The student has been convicted of a felony.
Important Considerations: Schools of Choice
- Transportation is not provided for Schools-of-Choice enrollees.
- A student enrolled under Section 105c is eligible or becomes eligible for special education services following enrollment. The enrolling district and the district of residence must have a written agreement regarding the payment of added costs of special education programs and services in order for the student to continue to be enrolled by a non-resident district.
- A Schools-of-Choice high school student who does not meet an exception (e.g. full residential change) and transfers to another school will not be eligible in any sport for the next season that he or she played during the current year (scrimmage or game). In sports not played in the previous season, the student would be eligible. See this Michigan High School Athletic Association (MHSAA) rule summary or contact our athletic director directly
The Nonresident Application for Enrollment (Schools-of-Choice form) may be completed electronically, downloaded/printed and emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 616 892-5583. Applications also are available at the District Office.
Allendale Public Schools
District Administration Office (Inside Door A, Oakwood Intermediate Building)
10505 Learning Lane
Allendale, MI 49401