Here are required work permits for students under the age of 16 and for students that are 16 and 17 years old.
Follow these steps to get your work permit:
- Print the appropriate work permit (above)
- Complete all parts of Section I: "To be Completed by Minor Applicant and Parent/Guardian."
- Have your employer complete all parts of Section II: "To be Completed by the Employer - Offer of Employment."
- Either you or your employer can do this step: Scan or take a picture of your permit after sections 1 and 2 are completed. Email the scanned/photographed permit to Mr. VanderLaan at email@example.com
- Mr VanderLaan will verify your age using the best available evidence and will ensure compliance with state and federal laws and regulations. He will complete all parts of Section III: "To be Completed by School’s Issuing Officer – Must be Signed by the Issuing Officer to be Valid."
- If approved, Mr VanderLaan will sign, date, and scan the permit back to you.
- Deliver the approved permit to your employer.